As a small ecommerce business with a similarly sized marketing budget, how do you compete with the big players?
My guest today has a wealth of experience working with some of the biggest ecommerce brands out there and now helps small businesses create epic marketing strategies no matter their size. On today’s episode, we’re talking all things brand building and how to prep your ecommerce business for Christmas in these Covid times.
Today I’m joined by Charlie Bland from Dear Charlie Marketing. Charlie is an ecommerce marketer who offers legit marketing training and strategy, delivered in a fun and friendly way that you can actually understand. Charlie has a wealth of marketing strategies and ideas for ecommerce brands which we’ll dive into. We’re also going to talk about marketing in the lead up to Christmas and how the coronavirus might change your marketing strategy.
Welcome to Episode 5 of Voice Your Brand. The podcast dedicated to helping you launch and grow your brand online by injecting it with a whole load of personality and creating content that turns followers into loyal fans. All through the power of a unique brand voice.
If you’re struggling to stand out online, getting stuck writing your product descriptions, or feeling pulled in a million directions when it comes to marketing your ecommerce brand, you’re in the right place.
I’m your host Nell Casey, the founder of Fete Creative – an ecommerce copywriting agency that writes things for brands that sell online.
Today we’ll be talking about:
- Charlie’s background and vast experience
- What it’s like working with big brands like Boohoo and ASOS
- The size of e-commerce in the UK vs in Australia
- Why did she decided to start Dear Charlie Marketing
- what advantages/disadvantages smaller ecommerce brands have over the big brands
- Charlie’s top tips for ecommerce businesses right now
- Adapting brand voice to navigate e-commerce during a pandemic
- And the impact of Covid on Christmas shopping this year and what small brands can do to prepare
I’d love for you to screenshot and tag me on Instagram @fetecreative to let me know you’re listening. And make sure you hit the subscribe button so you never miss an episode.